Guided Trans-Siberian Railway trip from Moscow to Irkutsk, 12 days
Welcome to the capital of Tatarstan! Arrival 10.00. You will have a transfer to the hotel where you can drop off luggage. Afterwards, our guide will take you to The Kazan Kremlin, rest assured, you will enjoy it as much as the Moscow Kremlin. You will see sights around the Kul Sharif Mosque and the Cathedral of the Annunciation. The guide will introduce you to the history of the city and the major figure in the history of Russia – Ivan the Terrible.
We will go to Sviyazhsk (45 km from Kazan), located at the confluence of the Volga and Sviyaga Rivers. You will see the Trinity Church from the times of Ivan the Terrible. The Island has rich history. You will also enjoy monuments on some Islands, monasteries and churches. The tour will take five hours and then you will be back to Kazan. In the evening, you will have a transfer to the station and get on the train to Yekaterinburg. Departure 20.10. Spend the night on the train.
In the morning, we will go to the countryside to a place named Ganina-Yama. After the execution of the Romanov family, the bodies of the Tsar and his family were transported to Ganina Yama and thrown into the pit. Seven chapels were later constructed at the site, one for each member of the royal family.
We will go to the Obelisk “the Border between Europe and Asia”. You will have time to make photos standing on two continents at the same time. You will drink champagne on this special occasion. Then we will take you to Yekaterinburg where you will have some spare time. In the evening, you will have a transfer to the station and get on the train to Irkutsk. Departure 22.21. Spend the night on a train
Welcome to Irkutsk! Arrival is at 09:38. The driver will take you to a hotel. You will have a great time in the capital of East Siberia, founded about 350 years ago. Explore narrow streets of the city and its ancient buildings, Eastern Orthodox Church architecture. The city has rich history. Many Russians were sent into exile in Irkutsk for their part in the Decembrist revolt.
- Accommodation with a local host in Moscow and in Irkoutsk*, in a hotel 2* in Kazan and in Ekaterinburg (2 and 4 people)
- Rent an apartment in Moscow, accommodation with a local host in Irkutsk*, in a hotel 2* in Kazan and in Ekaterinburg (6 people)
- 3 Star Hotel in all cities
The price includes:
- Tourist voucher (to receive the Russian visa)
- Accommodation depending on the package
- Train tickets (4-berth compartments with couchettes)
- Transfers (including in the program)
- Meals (including in the program)
- English speaking experienced guide (during excursions specified in the program)
The price does not include:
- Flight tickets
- Meals (not including in the program)
- Personal expenses