Combined Uzbekistan - St. Petersburg tour for 11 days, 10 nights
This unique route will allow you to explore two greatly different destinations in one tour. During this trip to Uzbekistan you will get a chance to discover the famous city oasis of the Great Silk Road with their mosques embellished with myriad of turquoise mosaics. In juxtaposition to that, a visit to St. Petersburg, the Russian cultural capital, will immerse you in the grandeur of the Russian Empire of tsarist times. Treat yourself to this exceptional and vivid journey.
A full-day walking tour of the city of Samarkand. The program features:
- The famous Registan Square with three madrasahs and the Golden Mosque;
- The Mausoleum of Tamerlane;
- The Bibi-Khanym Mosque;
- A walk through picturesque Siyob Bazaar;
- The pearl of Samarkand architecture - the Shah-i-Zinda Necropolis;
- Overnight accommodation at a hotel.
- Departure to Shakhrisabz through Takhta-Karacha Pass (1700m). Arrival and sightseeing tour to:
- The magnificent ruins of the White Palace, also known as the Aqsaray;
- The Kok-Gumbaz Mosque ('Blue Dome');
- The mausoleum of Shamsiddin Kulala, a sufi and a spiritual master, the father of Tamerlane;
- Tamerlane's Tomb and the grave of his eldest and beloved son Timur. Return to Samarkand.
Night at a hotel.
A full-day walking tour of the ancient city of Bukhara:
- The Poi Kalan Sqaure and the Kalyan minaret of XI century;
- The Trading domes;
- The Tim Abdulla Khan covered bazaar;
- The Magok-i-Attari Mosque, the ancient Zoroastrian temple;
- The Lyab-i Hauz (in translation: by the pond) Architectural Ensemble;
- The Samonid Mausoleum and Ismail's tomb;
- The Mosque Bolo Khauz; The Ark Citadel, the former fortified residence of the emirs;
- The Chor Minor Madrasah.
Night at a hotel.
The first acquaintance with Tashkent:
- The Hast-Imam Square (restored in 2007) and the Jameh Mosque with the ancient Koran of VII century;
- The Kukeldash Madrasah (XVI century) - one of the largest madrasahs in Central Asia.
- Then, walk through the Chorsu Bazaar, the largest food market in the city
- A sightseeing tour of the city
Night at a hotel.
Night transfer to the airport and flight to St. Petersburg by Aeroflot (on Mondays and Fridays). Pickup and accommodation of your choice either with a local resident or at a hotel.
A sightseeing tour of St. Petersburg, also known as the 'Venice of the North':
- Nevsky prospect, the most famous 'artery' of the city.
- The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood and Kazan Cathedral with its columns in neoclassical style.
- Palace Square.
- The Smolny Cathedral, a Baroque masterpiece of the Italian architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli.
- The Admiralty building and the University Quarter. The Peter and Paul Fortress and Peter and Paul Cathedral with the tomb of the Romanov family. Night at a hotel in Saint-Petersburg.
From May to mid-October:
- Departure to Peterhof to visit the Lower Park with its numerous fountains, the most famous of which are the Samson Fountain and the Grand Cascade.
Late October to April:
- Trip to Pushkin, including visit to the luxurious Catherine Palace with its amber room and French and English gardens with numerous pavilions.
Night at a hotel in Saint-Petersburg.
PRICE PER PERSON FROM:
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Tourist invitation for Russian visa processing
- Accommodation (at choice) with breakfast
- Provision of a hotel room on the 2nd and 8th day
- Transport and all transfers via car (vehicle with air conditioning) according to the program.
- Services of local guides according to the program
- The entrance fee to the sites/museums according the program.
- Express train tickets from Samarkand to Bukhara and from Bukhara to Tashkent
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Air transport (international flights between Russia and Uzbekistan)*
- Russia visa fees
- Extra charge for single room
- Meals not included in the program (lunch and dinner)
- Photo and video permit in some of the museums.
- Luggage carrying
- Personal expenses