On the way to caravan cities 11 days 9 nights
An individual journey to Uzbekistan, you will see the main cities of the Silk Road, Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva. Their rich cultural and historical heritage will impress you. By the road to the native city of Tamerlane, you will admire astonishing landscapes of Zeravshan and Tahta-Karach, located 1700 above the sea.
Transfer to the airport, flight to Urgench
Arrival, then you will have a transfer to Khiva
You will spend the whole day in Ichan Qala:
- Mohammed Amin Khan Madrassa, its undone minaret
- Kunya-Ark Citadel
- Tash Hauli Palace and its harem
- Alla Kuli Han’s Tim and Caravanserai
- The Male Friday Mosque, its 218 wooden carved pillars
- Islam Khodja madrasa and minaret, mausoleum of Pahlavan Mahmud
- Mausoleum of Sayid Allauddin
- Visit to a woodcarving workshop, where you will be able to learn the local craft
Check in the hotel
The day dedicated to discover the ancient city Bukhara. During the tour you will see:
- Poi Kalyan Square, Kalyan minaret of 11th century
- Trading domes
- Tim Abdulla Khan market
- Magoki Attori Mosque, ancient Zoroastrian temple
- Lyabi Khaus architecture ensemble
- Samonids Mausoleum and the tomb of Ismail
- Bolo Hauz mosque
- Citadel Ark, the former residence of Ameers
- Chor Minor Medrese
Hotel check in
The famous square Registan, three medreses and golden mosque.
Mausoleum Gori Amir, also known as mausoleum of Tamerlane.
Bibi Khanym mosque (14-15 centuries), the largest mosque of that time.
Necropolis Shohizinda, the pearl of Samarkand architecture.
Take a stroll along picturesque Siabsky bazaar.
The Ulugh Beg Observatory, the first observatory on the East.
Mausoleum and the tomb of Daniel, 18m long.
Departure to Shahrisabz, the native city of Tamerlane, through Tahta Karachi (the altitude is 1700m).
Arrival, you will have the following excursions:
- Amazing ruins of the White Palace or Ak-Saray
- Mosque Kok Gumbaz (the blue dome)
- Mausoleum of Shamsiddine Kulyal, the father of Tamerlane
- Khazrati-Imam Complex
- The mausoleum of Tamerlane and the grave of his favorite son Timur
Getting back to Samarkand.
Price per person from:
*The exact price depends on the number of participants and the dates of your arrival. Please contact us to get detailed information.
- Accommodation in a double room in a hotel of your choice, breakfast included
- Transfer services (by car with A/C)
- A local guide will courier you from the airport
- Local guide services
- Flight from Tashkent to Urgench
- Museum and cultural sites tickets (according to the program)
- Train tickets: from Bukhara to Samarkand (economy class)
Price does not include:
- Meals (not including in the program: breakfast and dinner, from 10 to 12 euros a day per person.
- Photo-video permission in museums
- Carrying baggage
- Personal expenses
If you are interested to add “all inclusive” or demi pension options, expand guiding services or add other options to your itinerary. We will make the best offer, matching your travel dates and your expectations from the trip.